- Saturday April 13, 2013 7:30a-3:30p
- Cost: $70 (includes wild foods sampling feast!)
- Where: Local wildlands – location to be announced weather depending
- Contact: John at email@example.com with any questions about the class content
- Register: email Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 520-624-8030
Learn to eat from what you find in the wild! Join Sonoran herbalist, John Slattery, on a wild foraging journey in our local desert & mountains. We will be exploring the great diversity of native wild foods which exist in our local habitat. Numerous wild foods will be identified, and we’ll gather and prepare some select edibles. Basic topics covered will include: Proper Identification of Edible Species, Time of Year for Proper Harvest, Methods of Preparation, Location, Environment, and Habitat for each Plant. We can carpool from the meeting place to the mountains.
Please bring proper walking shoes, protection from the sun, adequate water for a full day of sun exposure, and a packed lunch.